Sunday 11 November 2012

My first post,
I was discussing with one of my friend, Fancis Webb, about starting a blog and whether we thought it would be a good idea. We finally decided that it would benefit our cycling and would be a good insight in to the life of a young Scottish cyclist and how much dedication and hard work it takes to try to compete in such a hard sport.
       
      I first got in to cycling when I was 8 years old. I went to see the Tour De France and fell in love with it from there. I managed to get hold of some old videos from a friend in the village and I would spend hours watching them. Then I finally decided I would try racing for myself, so I joined a local cycling club (Peebles CC) and started to do time trials every Wednesday night. I started to get better and better, so I decided to start racing bigger races and I was first spotted when I was 12 and was asked to join the Scottish Team for a trip to race the Tour of the Northwest. It was my first national race and I won! After that I started racing a lot more and would travel around the country and abroad racing my bike. 

       I continued to improve and show myself on the national scene and this year I managed to get selected for the British Olympic Talent Team. I have had a lot of good results, for example 8th at the British Road Championship and 10th at the British Omnium Finals. I also raced abroad this year racing in the basque country where I competed in a 3 day tour and a couple other of local road races. I managed to win one of the road races after winning from a 15km solo break away.

      Next year I hope to try race well and get some good results in the British races on the road and track and win races abroad. Also I would like to try and make it onto the Olympic Development Programme. But to get these goals I will have to work really hard over the winter! And I will keep you updated with my results and progress over the coming year.

Thanks for reading,
Stuart


       
                                                                                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment